Have you ever thought that the lip balm you bought at the shop was drying your lips, and the more you apply, the more your lips become dry? Commercial lip balms are made with nasty petrochemicals such as mineral oils. It is not a complicated process to make a good lip balm, and this is why we are going to share with you how:
Ingredients for your lip balm:
- 3 parts oil ( use coconut oil, or sweet almond oil)
- 0.5 part beeswax
- 0.5 part Shea butter
- 10-15 drops of essential oils (peppermint goes well with coconut oil)
This proportion will make for a medium-hard type lip balm, but you can choose to make a softer type, by adding one part of oil. If I use one cup as a measure, this will make for about 20-25 lip balms.
- Melt everything in a double boiler on the stove and stir well to mix all the ingredients
- Let it cool down but not too much or the mixture will start to harden
- Add essential oils and mix well
- Pour into small containers
PS: I have used sticks instead of tins in the past, but realized that it is not very practical when you arrive to the end of the stick. And that's it! There is nothing more simple than making your own lip balm. Make your own, and this will be a great gift for your friends! Would you like to join Kocoon's workshops in the future ? Send an email to community[at]kocoonspalounge.com.