Kocoon Spa's March Special
My Japanese Bath Ritual
By: Maika Endo, co-founder of Kocoon spa
I strongly believe in the benefits of traditional wisdom and live by it, whether it's about healing, beauty, or cooking. In Japan, for centuries up until now, taking an “Ohuro” (bath) is a social ritual, but also a way to purify yourself from the stress of the day.
We go to a small "Sento" (bathhouse) in our neighborhood, just a few steps away. In Japan, before you soak in the bath, you wash yourself thoroughly. My grandmother alway carries a small bucket full of Japanese skincare products such as charcoal soap, rice bran face wash, bamboo salt toothpaste and other amazing goodies! It is the custom after the bath (at least in our family!), to moisturize oneself from top to toe, and massage the face and scalp with oils or lotions.
My mother always says: "It is the small things you do every day that makes a difference!"
Since she is a teenager, she has always saved money to afford premium creams and today, people praise her for looking 20 years younger than she actually is.
I am always the first to finish the bath ritual, feeling too hot, and I usually lounge in the air conditioned room, with a cold apple juice from the mini-fridge.
This is the photo I took from my seat last year.
NB: The owner's son is sitting behind the front desk. He is tanned because he spends all his time off surfing!
When Marjorie, our Spa Trainer from France, introduced the Face Shiatsu at Kocoon spa last year, I was so excited! I have always dreamed of introducing the benefits of Japanese ancestral technics to our guests.
This month, you might notice your skin is getting dryer, dehydrated, and more irritated. I suggest you treat yourself to a nice facial and enjoy our complimentary Face Shiatsu Treatment!
March Spa Special:
Japanese Shiatsu Face Lifting ( 20 min | Value : 280rmb )
Japanese Matcha Green Tea Ritual
- Complimentary with your facial booked between Tuesday and Friday
- Reserved to our WeChat followers
- One time promotion code: SHIATSU03
- Expires on 30.03.2017.
What is a Japanese Shiatsu Face Lifting?
Geishas were famous for their beautiful facial skin.The secret of their wrinkle free skin even in advanced age was the famous Shiatsu Technique. This natural and effective treatment uses deep flowing movements and acupressure points.
A Face Shiatsu can:
- Relax tired eyes
- Prevent dark circles and puffiness
- Smooth lines and plum-up skin
- Release tension in the upper and lower face
- Prevent dehydration and wrinkles around the mouth
- Regulate sebum production
What are the Health Benefits of Matcha Tea?
- When you drink matcha you ingest the entire leaf and receive 100% of the nutrients of the leaf
- Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea.
- One cup of matcha = 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea in terms of nutritional content